Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal’s Risk Platform is hiring a Product Manager who can transform its risk platform that detects and prevents fraud in real-time and helps in recovering losses. Risk Platform at PayPal is a highly available and sophisticated platform that enables releasing fast fraud strategies, machine learning experiments, and is optimized to respond proactively to all developing cybercrime threats. The Product Manager will be responsible for building the risk platform strategy and execute on critical deliverables that improve the platform’s latency and reduce the time-to-market of a risk solution. Besides excellent product management execution skills and experience, this person must have a deep understanding and passion for what is essential for risk platform users (i.e., developers, data scientists, and risk analysts) to do their jobs free of friction and unnecessary overhead.
• Lead all aspects of Risk platform's product and API strategy aimed towards scalability, performance, and agility.
• Develop a deep technical understanding of the risk platform and have a strong empathy towards the pains and challenges of platform users such as developers, data scientists, and risk analysts.
• Establish a strong network of platform contributors across all PayPal brands and groups and support them in their engagement and rollout of key services.
• Embrace and lead an Agile team of highly engaged engineers through transparency, trust, collaboration, and humility.
• Bring a strong industry perspective geared towards financial products, machine learning/artificial intelligence, scalable design that can help shape and evolve the risk platform to the next level.
• 6+ years of Product Management experience owning a product roadmap and successfully bringing highly technical platform products to market.
• 3+ years of experience in API design and platform products required. Fintech experience a plus.
• High EQ and ability to empathize and communicate with customers and stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
• Fearless leader able to constructively advance opinionated perspective, well-informed by industry and customer analysis, to all levels of the organization.
• Ability to think and communicate at multiple levels, from conceptual product architecture to minute implementation details simultaneously.
• Excellent collaboration and team-building skills.
• Personal experience as a developer preferred, including a well-informed opinion on engineering principles
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.