Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The PayPal Alternative Payments team is responsible for payment method expansion across various PayPal merchant products. We have a special focus on the enterprise segment where we have an expanded role to offer global and local wallets as well as enabling our PayPal payment capabilities (PayPal Checkout, Venmo, Credit). In this role, as a product manager in the alternative payment team, you will be responsible for understanding the needs of the enterprise businesses and focus specifically on PayPal payment capabilities (PayPal Checkout & PayPal Credit solutions). You will collaborate with multiple cross functional teams to ensure that our enterprise businesses get the best in class solutions and experiences. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a keen eye for detail, the courage to dive into key strategic initiatives and the drive to make the product a reality.
- Define Product requirements and lead successful execution of initatives that enable enterprise business solutions for PayPal.This includes definition and development of payment user experience, payment APIs and processing, reporting and settlement.
- Engage closely with engineering and architecture to help determine the best technical implementation/design while balancing time-to-market needs.
- Customer advocacy; Represent the end customer on an ongoing basis and use this to drive effective prioritization and decisions.
- Influencing and communication; Lead and deliver in a matrix organization with multiple stakeholders – Engineering, Operations, Risk, Legal, Sales, Business Development, Marketing and UED
- Data-driven decision-making; Use A/B Testing, analytics, market research, usability studies and competitive analysis to drive decision making
- Make tough priority calls and trade-offs balancing available time, talent and critical business needs
- Lead sprint planning, daily standups, retrospectives and write user stories.
- Minimum of a BS/BA is required, MBA or MS preferred
- 5+ years of experience in execution of tech related projects preferably in an agile software development environment with lots of ambiguity.
- Has experience delivering products in a matrixed organization.
- Strong business acumen and excellent communication skills.
- Experience in payments strongly preferred.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.