Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Position can be based in Chicago or Austin. As a product manager in PayPal's Merchant Data Product team, you will directly impact our merchants' ability to understand the performance of their business, thus driving operational efficiency and revenue growth opportunities through data and insights. You will touch the lives of small business owners and the employees of the world's largest platforms and companies. If you are an experienced product manager, with a passion to delight your customers by identifying their needs and building solutions that will make them successful, if you have sharp problem-solving skills and excellent collaboration and communication skills, and if you like to work in a highly collaborative, values-driven environment – then PayPal's Merchant Data Product team is looking for you.
- Deep understanding of our merchant segments, the competitive landscape, and relevant market dynamics
- Ability to set customer-facing outcomes and key results (OKRs) and connect them to internal business goals
- Contribute to the strategy and vision for the merchant data product team
- Bring strong scrum and agile experience to the team to iterate often, compress loop lengths and prioritize value
- Be data-driven, create hypotheses, run experiments, lead with data
- Partner with engineering to understand feasibility, tech debt tradeoffs, and build solutions that solve customer problems
- Platform thinking: extend our product to meet new vertical and segment needs
- Communication: active and appropriate communication and stakeholder management
- Collaboration – effectively partner with design and engineering to create world-class solutions, collaborate with cross-functional teams spread across geographies including engineering, design, program management, compliance, legal, product marketing, GTM, Sales, business operations
- Inspire and influence others to think differently, solve problems, and seize opportunities
- Hold self and others accountable to do what it takes to for our customers and company.
- Min of 5+ years of Product Management experience and overall 10+ years of industry experience
- Manage the end-to-end lifecycle(s) of complex products/services spanning multiple areas
- Writes clear, detailed, and thorough specifications for complex services, features or products
- Have a strong understanding of data technologies and platforms
- Identify experience gaps through feedback from regional teams, Operations teammates and market research, as well as deep analysis of the existing product, flows, contact reasons and net-promoter-scores
- Recommend new solutions to ensure constant improvement and evolution of customer experience
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.