Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Sr. NodeJS Software Engineer
Xoom, A PayPal Service, is revolutionizing the global digital money services market by providing people with an easy,
convenient, and cost-effective means of sending money worldwide. We offer a secure, fast, and inexpensive means of
sending money, paying bills, and topping up prepaid services across multiple digital platforms to both online and
• Design, implement and maintain high-scalable core NodeJS libraries and microservices.
• Design, implement and maintain services for our infrastructure as code tools.
• Produce well-tested code through the use of automated, unit, and integration tests
• Participates in feature code reviews as requested
• Help identify and fix errors, performance, scalability, and any other issues in a business-critical environment
• 3+ years of professional experience in object-oriented design and development in Node.js and related technologies.
• Experience working with web-services (micro-services, RESTful APIs, etc.)
• Some understanding of Unix/Linux
• Excels at Code Review and other collaborative processes, such as Pair Programming
• Good attitude and communication
• Experience with git workflow in collaborative projects
• Ability to work in a small, closely-knit team using agile methodologies
Desired but not required to have experience with the following concepts and technologies:
• Continuous integration (Jenkins)
• Application containerization (Docker)
Education: BS or related degree
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.