Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
As a Sr. Manager, Product Management in the Identity Platform Team, you will be responsible for creating and launching a world class identity platform for 300M+ consumers and 25M+ merchants across the globe and supporting and connecting all the PayPal adjacencies and future acquisitions on the identity platform effortlessly. This position will be cross-functional in nature and a very seasoned and senior platform product manager highly skilled in identity management.
- Own the “Identity as a Service” platform product strategy and delivery from understanding user needs through launch and scale.
- Own the success of PayPal identity developer experiences for our customers and drive our developer experience towards modern vision and fast time-to-delight.
- Be a customer champion who understands end user problems as well as competitive and market trends in the Identity space.
- Conduct product research and discovery with user researchers, design, architecture and engineering teams internally and externally and effectively gather requirements from stakeholders.
- Guide and set Identity Platform strategy, define the product roadmap and drive feature prioritization with internal development teams.
- Lead from the front in defining platform strategy, KPIs and multi year roadmap with a focus on building a massively scalable platform.
- Understand the complexities of a large scale global platform with a focus on scalability, reliability and resiliency while maintaining exceptional quality of the platform.
- Work with our user experience designers to define use cases and related UI wireframes.
- Partner with cross-functional teams within PayPal to build identity products and constantly innovate on APIs, platform, web (desktop/mobile) and native apps (iOS and Android).
- Engage with engineering and design and architecture to define specs, requirements and acceptance criteria for product deliverables and to help determine the best technical architecture and implementation as well as a reasonable execution schedule.
- Evangelize the team’s objectives and wins to influence peers and senior management.
- Create assets to guide product development work (framing documents, user story maps, opportunity canvases, epics and collaborate with engineering on user stories and planning for implementation).
- Be accountable for outcomes by setting clear objectives and key results on a quarterly basis and reporting on them with clarity and brutal honesty.
- Passionate about Identity and Access Management with background in oAuth 2.0, OpenID connect, SAML, Single Sign On , SCIM (System for Cross domain Identity Management), multi-tenancy and API authorization/access management.
- Prior experience in areas like password management, encryption, two factor authentication, Biometrics, WebAuthn and FIDO standards, risk based authentication and strong customer authentication.
- Knowledge in areas like REST APIs, GraphQL and React JS/Native as well building and packaging of SDKs for websites and Native Applications (iOS and Android).
- Competent with offerings in the “Identity as a Service” space from players like Okta, Auth0, Google Firebase Authentication and PingID.
- Experience in building massively scalable and secure platforms that handle Billions of API calls and queries a day.
- High sense of ownership, urgency, independence and drive. Proven track record of getting things done, managing multiple tasks including communication with internal and external teams while consistently delivering on schedule.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to adapt your message to the technical level of the audience(developers, product managers and senior business leaders).
- Understanding of Agile Life Cycle and project planning/execution skills including estimating and scheduling. Knowledge of scrum planning tools.
- Have insatiable curiosity about new and modern development technologies and exhibit a strong desire to learn continuously.
- Are a leader for collaborative, iterative product discovery and embrace your role as a member of a highly-functional team with diverse perspectives.
- Have a strong degree of technical fluency that allows you to communicate with and understand your target audience (developers), translating their needs into clear product strategy.
- Master’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering or closely related discipline and 10+ years of experience in product management.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.