Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Global Channel Partnerships Sr. Account Executive reporting to Director of POS partners
Job Title: Sr. Account Executive – IZettle
Area: Global Channel Partnerships
Reporting to: Director of POS Partners
With over 377 million active customer accounts globally, PayPal is the world’s standard for online payments. The Partner Sales team is responsible for increasing PayPal acceptance and adoption within North American and global digital economy.
At this time, the team is seeking a Relationship Manager – IZettle in store POS (Point of Sale) to drive the management and business growth of new strategic partners in the in store space. PayPal is focused on developing its position in store and is investing heavily to develop capabilities to position PayPal as the premier platform for POS partners. This is a is multi-dimensional strategy enabled through a market leading platform that has been developed from the ground-up to meet the current and future needs of POS partners. Leveraging the unique assets of PayPal Inc, including our branded wallets (PayPal, Venmo, PayPal Credit), and our core payments platform, you will be leading the distribution of our capabilities into new payment contexts securing new revenue growth for PayPal Inc.
This exciting role presents an opportunity to work in a dynamic and challenging sales environment, focused on driving commercial outcomes within PayPal. You will have the support you need to be successful, with functional resources in Account Management, Professional Services, Technical Account Management and Product and Engineering that will drive solutions for your Partners.
The role is diverse with duties ranging from developing partner development strategies, business line expansion plans, business cases for large and complex deals commercial opportunities, to managing the go-to-market activities of recently acquired partners.
The successful candidate will be looking to be challenged mentally with creating commercial solutions to grow large strategic deals. The candidate will be rewarded in working in a world-class fin-tech environment, with access to global resources, market leading technology and solutions
The role will have the following responsibility:
- Deliver distribution of PayPal and Izettle services through large scale POS Partners, who provide access to large networks of North American partners.
- Sell, develop and manage business development initiatives within Partners business to acquire and secure greater transaction volume, expansion of new product lines and overall growth from the Partner relationship
- Support project management of large strategic expansion initiatives from pitch to launch and beyond to ensure the realization of the business case forecasts – this is likely to include partner marketing programs and adoption plans.
- Build relationships Partners’ senior management to drive trust, confidence, loyalty, awareness and mutual benefit.
- Be seen as a payments and technology subject matter expert that the partners rely on for product, payment and industry trends and online best practice.
- Understands Partners’ business: how they monetize, their growth strategy, their strategic initiatives and optimally position PayPal as the partner of choice that can support their business objectives.
- Drive usage and habituation of PayPal, Venmo, PayPal Credit as preferred payment options with the Partners’ platform
- Understand Partners’ product pain points and wish list; understands priorities and urgency; communicates this knowledge to PayPal Product to define ongoing development of PayPal Platform.
- Provide product guidance and recommendations to new Partners to assist with their product strategy and position PayPal technology and solutions as path to growth to deepen our relationship and position with Partner.
- Facilitates meetings with PayPal functional groups (Product, Engineering, Risk, Ops, Compliance, etc) to execute and deliver to business plan.
- Facilitates meetings with PayPal senior management when appropriate.
- Works with Marketing on partner activation and engagement programs and development of collateral to drive business outcomes.
Successful candidates will demonstrate a willingness to take charge and work effectively to deliver results, despite internal or external obstacles to:
- Drive partner growth, focusing on driving large, strategic, complex business relationships that secure the long-term growth and business objectives of PayPal Inc.
- Ensure clear go-to-market plans are agreed with new partners.
- Coordinate with Management to develop strategy and execute acquisition plans.
- Complete regular call reports to update management and internal counterparts on account activity.
Personal Qualities, Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Commerce, Marketing or a related field.
- 8+ years’ experience in Sales and Business Development ideally in the POS payment vertical working in dynamic, fast paced & results orientated organizations.
- Knowledge of online payment processing, credit card merchant accounts, and the needs of in store POS Partners is preferred.
- Ideal candidate will have an understanding of how payments strategically impact In store POS Partners’ business model.
- Exceptional consultative sales skills with a passion & hunger for PayPal and to succeed.
- Results oriented, self motivated & a “hands on” person with proven ability to meet objectives & targets.
- Think creatively, sell strategically and communicate effectively.
- Proven success record in business development and relationship management.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, negotiation and presentation skills required.
- Ability to work in a flexible environment and is open to change.
- Self-managing – although the role will see the person interacting with many levels and across several disciplines, it is important that this person be able to manage themselves and be proactive.
- Strong PC skills – especially PowerPoint and Excel.
- Demonstrates core PayPal. values (Innovation, Collaboration, Wellness, and Inclusion).
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.