Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The Senior Manager, Customer Success will oversee the management of merchant relationships within the North America Enterprise segment. They will lead a team of 10-15 Customer Success Managers and be responsible for driving key targets within the back book. The focus will be on providing a great experience for our customers, retaining their business and enabling revenue growth through close partnership with the Enterprise Sales Team. The position is highly visible within PayPal’s Global Merchant Services Organization and involves frequent interaction with senior leaders internally and externally. The ideal candidate has deep payments industry expertise and is passionate about great customer experience, winning in the market and delivering on commitments. They have a proven track record of leading and transforming a large people organization as a highly motivated and effective team.
- Lead team of Customer Success Managers, managing performance, quality and engagement
- Strategic and commercial management of North America Enterprise Portfolio consisting of various verticals and products
- Report on portfolio performance, monitor and track KPIs and adjust strategic direction where needed, including implementation of new initiatives and pricing strategies
- Implement and deliver on innovative new programs in partnership with key cross-functional teams to ensure continuous business success
- Set example for Customer Success Managers, demonstrate a constant customers-first mentality and drive customer advocacy internally
- Develop strong external relationships with key decision makers, including C-level Executives, effectively navigate large org charts to deepen breadth of customer contacts and create new champions
- Proactively address strategic and product roadblocks to constantly improve the customer experience, subsequently optimizing success and mitigating churn
- Ensure processes and procedures are standardized and applied, continuously improving them further rin collaboration with leadership counterparts
- Manage, prioritize and delegate work based on sales and activity pipelines paired with data analysis in close partnership with support functions and other teams
- Collaborate heavily with Sales, Sales Operations, Professional Services Marketing teams to achieve joint targets
- Think innovatively with a passion for problem-solving, healthy pragmatism and hands-on leadership mentality
- Ensure internal and external processes & procedures are up to standard and applied as required, improving them further in collaboration with other leaders
- 5+ years of experience in managing Sales, Relationship / Account Management or Customer Success teams
- Enthusiasm for successfully leading and transforming large teams
- Leadership experience with demonstrated ability to build a highly motivated and effective team, fostering an open, collaborative environment
- Solid track record of over-achieving performance metrics including revenue targets
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to collaborate and influence effectively in a complex organization
- Strong analytical mindset and proven ability to turn data into action
- Cross Selling and Account Development experience in a B2B context
- Experience in building and leading a geographically distributed team
- Payments / e-commerce / banking industry experience in a plus
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.