Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
- Demonstrate a customer centric mindset as part of day-to-day work.
- Ensure that the design and implementation adheres to defined specs and processes.
- Own end-to-end quality of deliverables during all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Understand technical designs by working within Paypal's cross-functional technology team.
- Collaborate between business, product and technology in the process of understanding the requirement and coming up with implementation options.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment and manage continuously changing business needs.
- Be a quick learner, undaunted by complex systems.
- Take risks and thrive in an environment of constant change.
- Experience in refactoring existing code-base and in understanding existing implementations, with the ability to decide whether to refactor or rewrite.
- Ability to hit the ground running from day one, working on various systems and working independently.
- Exposure and participation in tech events, hackathons, contributions to open source, authoring of blogs and active participation in online tech forums is a plus.
- Solid knowledge of web application frameworks such as React and Node.js .
- Proficient Java/J2EE skills required.
- Knowledge/experience with web services (REST / SOAP) and ORM. (Hibernate).
- Knowledge/experience with Spring MVC.
- Experience with cross-browser, cross-platform and design constraints on the web.
- Experience with test automation: TDD, unit/integration/functional testing.
- Understanding of algorithmic techniques, design patterns and best practices.
- Knowledge/experience with Unix.
- Knowledge/experience with relational databases, NoSQL databases.
- Knowledge/experience with Service Oriented Architectures.
- Curiosity about how things work and the behavior of finding the answers.
- Flexible and adapting the changing circumstances.
- Experience with iOS or Android is a plus.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.