Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal is a global company operating in the competitive and dynamic Payments Industry. The Treasury Function plays a critical role in our Product operations and development life cycle. The Senior Director/Global Leader of Product Enablement (“Global Leader”) is charged with, among other things, our product cash movement infrastructure strategy, supporting the Product teams with the launch of new product, FX pricing operations and strategy, Crypto operations and acquisition integration. The Global Leader is also responsible for ensuring PayPal and the Treasury Function is at the cutting edge of the Finance Industry through developing key strategic initiatives in partnership with our Product Teams.
The Global Leader, reporting directly to the Global Treasurer, drives the strategic planning, prioritization, decisioning and execution of all critical areas of our Product Cash Management Infrastructure and Change Management. The Global Leader’s responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Money Movement Operations
- Partnering with Product Teams on the Product Roadmap, inclusive of all PayPal properties (e.g., Core, Braintree, Venmo, iZettle, Hyperwallet, etc);
- Determining and advising Product and other Teams on the target infrastructure to support new and existing products;
- Partner with Global Cash Management team to operationalize product cash movement;
- In partnership with the other leaders of the Treasury Function setting out Treasury’s multi-year roadmap of initiatives related to Product Cash Movement;
- Developing innovative ideas to simplify our banking infrastructure (including acquisition integration), while expanding our capabilities and flexibility to scale in a controlled manner;
- Lead the Go-to-Market team, responsible for designing money movement requirements and strategy for our existing and new products;
- Partner with the Treasury Transformation team to communicate the key product initiatives that will require changes to the Treasury infrastructure and capabilities and determine the execution strategy (e.g., Cyrpto trading, banking capabilities, etc);
FX Operations and Product Strategy
- Lead the FX Operations team, responsible for setting our FX pricing and identifying opportunities to drive economic value;
- Partner with our Common Platforms and Product teams to support the technology development of FX product-related capabilities;
- Partner with Corporate Development, Product, Legal and Compliance in the development of FX as a service within PayPal, including the identification of potential infrastructure and capability development (inorganic or organic);
Crypto Operations and Product Strategy
- Partner with Corporate Development, Product, Legal and Compliance to develop Crypto operations to support our product initiatives;
- Develop and lead the Treasury Crypto Operations teams, responsible for crypto management, storage and pricing;
- Partner with Corporate Development, Product, Legal and Compliance in the development of Cyrpto as a service within PayPal, including the identification of potential infrastructure and capability development (inorganic or organic);
- Partner with Product and Corporate Development to support our acquisition integration activities and help define “success”;
- Partner with and support the complete and accurate financial reporting and disclosure of our Treasury activities in our global and statutory accounts; and
- Partner with our product teams on their priorities and investment roadmaps
- 15 years’ experience in the payments, banking or a related industry;
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, MBA a plus;
- Ability to excel and lead in a fast paced and innovative environment;
- Strong communication skills, including strong data visualization skills;
- Ability to build support for change, including the ability to explain the “why”;
- Ability to translate desired outcomes into a detailed plan; and
- Ability to work independently; yet collaborate across functions and teams to drive results.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.