Job DescriptionAt PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
The Solutions Engineer plays a pivotal role in enabling our growth and innovation agenda - partnering with merchants and technology providers, the Solutions Engineer provides technical consultancy to enable PayPal’s diverse product set within these merchant environments. This role is part of the Global Professional Service team and partners with our Business Development teams, consulting with our external customers throughout the pre-sales and technical integration / enablement phases to understand our merchants technical environments, their challenges and propose technical solutions to address those challenges. The Solutions Engineer develops best in class solution designs, test cases and launch plans for each partnership opportunity and supports the technical development, testing and launch requirements of the project.
- Consult with new prospects, and existing partners at the enterprise level, providing best in class technical solutions designs which solve for the partner’s needs.
- Partner with our integration engineering teams and oversee the enablement of new merchant and partner integrations.
- Collaborate closely with internal teams including compliance, risk, information security, support and operations to ensure all aspects of the launch are effectively managed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Prior experience at an enterprise level, working as a technical pre-sales engineer or solutions architect.
- Experience working with web programming languages and app-based technologies is critical.
- Strong communicator and relationship builder at the c-level with the ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Prior experience within the payments environment will be highly desirable.
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.