Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The merchant onbaording engineering team in PayPal is looking for an engineering leader who can build out a world-class engineering team that works autonomously to design and deliver the platform for our merchants. The ideal candidate has experience building user experiences and APIs, and managing teams that operate services at high scale. We are looking for an innovative, diverse and a passionate leader that thrives on the opportunity and can build, grow and nurture the team.
- Ability to manage a large 10+ engineer team autonomously with little supervision
- Previous experience as a software engineer
- Experience operating production services at scale
- Familiarity with industry devops and CI/CD best practices
- Experience managing teams of at least 4 engineers
- Co Author the product roadmap with the PO and execute product roadmaps for your team
- Hire and develop a world class engineering team
- Partner with API , merchant, and payments platform teams within PayPal
- Own the operational performance of the platform including availability, latency, and scaling
- Define and execute the support functions for the above
- Continuously introduce new technologies as appropriate
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.