Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
At PayPal Global Data Science(GDS) team, we develop machine learning platform and AI applications to improve PayPal’s global business. Machine learning and AI is one of the core competitive advantage of PayPal, which significantly reduced payment risk loss, brought million dollars’ revenue and expanded to multiple domains rapidly. As an engineer in GDS, you will work closely with analytical team, understand the requirement with cutting-edge algorithm, contribute to the core platform, make the research work to a real product. We are looking for strong technologists who are passionate to solve machine learning problems and able to continuously deliver AI solutions in scalable way.
• BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent).
• Experience in software development area with experience in Java programming.
• Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms.
• Excellent problem solving skills, can triage and resolve critical tech issues without supervision.
• Expertise required in object-oriented design methodology and application development in Java.
• Experience large volume data analysis including feature engineering and mining.
• Experience datalake and deltalake etc.
• Experience SparkML and Spark GraphX
• Familiar with pyspark ecosystem.
• Strong communication skills in Oral and Written English.
• Working Experience in Multi-national Company is a plus.
• Geek style is a big plus
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.