Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
You will closely work with the various world-class data driven e-payment related businesses by using the cutting-edge technologies and advanced data solution. E.g., risk control, customer services, privacies and etc. You will face the complex big data challenges or problems for reg-tech industry domain, which turns the big data to more valuable business insights, like customer profiling, risk assessment/vetting and so on. You will develop the enterprise-level algorithms and solutions for huge amount of data, various types of data for more business insights. o Works with PayPal business units and Product Dev teams to design, develop and deliver solutions on one of the largest data platforms in the world. •Join in the design and development of applications, to support PayPal business units for compliance and risk management, fraud detection, business insights, predictive analysis, etc. •Collaborating with peers and senior developers within the team and across the organization.
- Basic Qualifications
- Major in Computer Science or Engineering
- Rich experience of at least 8-year working in software engineering.
- Solid knowledge and experience in web frontend and backend development.
- Experienced in the architecture design of web application.
- Solid knowledge and experience in basic algorithms.
- Familiar with web related frameworks.
- Good understanding of database principles and SQL beyond just data access.
- Exposure to developer operations concepts and tools such as server provisioning, docker, etc.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Familiar with various big data technologies, open source data processing frameworks. E.g., Spark, Hadoop, HBase, Elastic Search, Pig, Hive, and so on.
- Knowledge on the following business domains: Risk, Payments, e-commerce
- Knowledge and experience in machine learning.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.