Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary The Data Central Team is looking for a highly talented, self-driven, proven engineers to help design and build core data services that deal with big data (>90PB) at low latency (i.e. sub-second) for a variety of use-cases spanning near-real time Working experience in building massively scalable high performance services. Ideal Candidate is one who can Implement next generation cloud platform in a hybrid cloud setting to support PayPal business teams to scale their critical customer and business impacting applications. The engineer would drive solutions and implementation leveraging different open source distributed systems, drive its adoption and deliver a complete product. Engineer would be creative to build brand new solutions from scratch and continually improve and scale existing systems.
• Think out of the box - don't be afraid to innovate!
• Co-develop & follow best practices related to SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) & Agile methods to raise the level of automation and quality in our code repos
• Embrace open-source – either by using it, extending it, or inventing new projects
• Share your work with the world-at-large via authoring blogs & articles, contributing to open source projects, and by speaking internally (and external to PayPal)
• Balance all of this against the need to execute
• Mentor colleagues to help develop strong coding practices and standards across the organisation
◦ Proficient in one or more of Java/Scala or any Object Oriented Programming Language
◦ Outstanding implementation skills required
◦ 4+ years of experience in developing and/or enhancing scalable server-side components
◦ Good OOP skills combined with solid SDLC practices like code reviews, unit testing, integration testing and continuous integration
◦ Strong debugging and problem solving skills across the whole tech stack - language, databases, web servers and system environment
◦ Experience with one of the relational databases (Oracle, MySQL) and one of the NoSQL databases is a must
◦ Experience in developing RESTful APIs is a must
◦ Experience with Hadoop ecosystem technologies and Cloud Data Development is a plus
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.