Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
We are looking for highly motivated, self-driven Java backend developer having experience in core platform development work with passion for innovation and creative mindset. The person should be a fast learner with data driven decision making skills to make a difference to the Customer Service Platform of PayPal. We are looking for individuals with never-say-die attitude with strong passion to take on the challenge of solving complex business problems through software automation that are truly enterprise supporting multi-tenancy.
At PayPal, we work together as a lean & collaborative team to enable high productivity and impact to the business. We’re immensely passionate about code quality and constantly finding new ways to perfect our processes and product. We’re looking for a solid backend Engineer to assist our CSI Platform needs.
The Platform team is responsible for developing a highly scalable, maintainable, testable, and performant solutions which our customer support teams rely on to delight PayPal users. The code you contribute to is likely to be used across our apps and tenants. Hence there is a strong need for us to adhere to best practices of architecture and design.
This position is available at our BLR campus. We have one of the best wellness programs and other employee friendly policies for you to enjoy.
Implementation of scalable solutions that is truly an enterprise platform for specific PayPal use cases that provide frameworks, interfaces, and services that can be extended and reused for future requirements.
Experience Required: 5 years in Software development, having BE/BTech or equivalent degree.
Mandatory Technical Skills
- Experience in developing a scalable, highly configurable enterprise platform.
- Solid experience and understanding of internals of Java, Spring boot, Kafka, REST service, Java Test frameworks (Junit, TestNG), Database (SQL/NoSQL), Jenkins, maven and GitHub.
- Solid experience in software design, debugging, system monitoring, profiling and agile process
- Passion for innovation and creative ideas.
- Experience in Rest based service development.
- Experience in developing automated unit and functional tests along with load & Performance testing.
- Analytical mindset with good problem-solving abilities
- High proficiency in Data Structure and Algorithms.
Preferred Technical Skills
- Hadoop and big data technologies like Spark and Splunk & streaming technology.
- Exposure to Reactive Programming using Java and Spring reactor framework
- Understanding of machine learning concepts - Model development, Training, Analytics and Engineering
- White paper presentation and patent ownership
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A team player who values collaboration, innovation, and inclusion.
- Highly motivated individual who is always a part of the solution with never-say-die attitude
- One who considers his team as his extended family
- Interest in the payments industry.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.