Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary - Machine Learning Infrastructure Engineer to build scalable, highly available and robust platforms.
- Build, evolve, and scale state-of-the-art machine learning system infrastructure powering PayPal's data and AI Platforms.
- Be a key engineer contributing to the design, development and operation of the large-scale infrastructure systems.
- Work with other Machine learning / Deep learning researchers and backend engineers to implement scalable solutions to solve complex problems.
- Creating data pipelines and overall workflow orchestration to cover data and end-to-end user needs for AI platform.
- Iterate quickly through latest packages and R&D on latest information.
- Collaborate with team members in team activities with lateral teams across disciplines and vertical groups, and upwards with project management elements.
- Ensure the quality of deliveries and ensure conformance to processes and practices.
- 2+ years experience for MS; 4+ years experience for BS.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience in related field.
- A solid software engineer with good Java and/or Python programming skills, and system operation experience of Unix or Linux systems.
- Experience with Bigdata technologies (Hadoop, Spark, HBase, Hive, Flink, Kafka, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience with Cloud and Container-based technologies (AWS, Google cloud, Kubernetes, docker, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience with Machine Learning knowledge and technologies (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe, Sci-kit, Theano, SparkMlib, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience with Configuration Management tools (Ansible, puppet, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience with Monitoring, Alerting and Performance Analysis tools (Grafana, Zabbix, etc.) is a plus.
- Good English verbal and written communication skills.
- Good initiative, conscientiousness, active and hard working attitude, great technical enthusiasm and be positive for new technologies and changes.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.