Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
We are looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to help us strengthen our world-class risk prevention and mitigation systems in order to successfully combat cybercrime. The Risk engineering team is responsible for fraud detection, risk management, and regulatory compliance services across PayPal - globally. We design, develop, enhance and support services that get called across every interaction between PayPal and its users and partners. To achieve this we are always looking at advances in technology likes AI, Machine learning, and data science and tying those back to business needs. In this versatile role, you will be responsible for helping shape the future of mission-critical risk systems. You will be collaborating closely with engineering, product, and operations to design and develop features for our highly complex and heavily distributed risk environment. Our engineers build strong competencies in data structures and algorithms, along with a deep understanding of business processes.
- Development and testing of high-quality product features spanning multiple product domains.
- Work with engineering managers, architects, engineers & QA to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs w.r.t functionality, performance, reliability, realistic implementations schedules and adherence to development goals and principles.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to other software engineers.
- Identify areas of technical improvement and make detailed business cases for improvements or new areas of opportunities.
- Adhere to best of class coding and design standards.
- Ensure all deliverables adhere to the timelines, quality and performance
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently and deliver on aggressive goals individually as well as a team.
- Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or related area.
- 5-8 years hands-on in the following areas:
- Java, OO-based design and development.
- Development in/for Linux environment.
- Strong skills in Server Side Java, Spring, Hibernate, REST, Maven, Github, and other open sources Java Libraries.
- Database design, programming, tuning and query optimization.
- Test methodologies and testing tools, e.g., TestNG, JUnit.
- Full-SDLC cycle, with large-scale live roll-out participation as a developer.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with remote teams across time zones is essential.
- Strong verbal and writing skills; ability to thoroughly understand product specifications, and the ability to produce clear concise documentation.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new technologies and adept quickly.
- Knowledge of QA automation processes and tools preferred.
- Experience with Ruby on rails is a plus.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.