Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The role is for an experienced software engineer working on building futuristic and delightful payment platform features and experiences for PayPal's diverse customer base across the globe. The role will involve working with business teams, product teams, architects and engineers located across our global offices. We are looking for a Java Developer with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications.
- Designing and developing high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance
- Contributing in all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code
- Interact with other teams across the system software stack to clearly communicate and express your requirements and design
- 5+ years of experience developing software, primarily with Java/J2EE technologies
- Deep understanding of and extensive experience applying advanced object-oriented design and development principles
- Perform high-quality software analysis, design, development, testing and maintenance for the PayPal core technology platform
- Solid CS fundamentals is a must. (Data structures, Algorithms, OS, Databases).
- Technologically savvy with excellent communication and technical skills.
- Expert-level knowledge on RESTful APIs & Fundamentals of Web.
- Very strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Can-do attitude while solving difficult problems spanning across multiple teams
- Focus on automation, and test-driven development
- Ability to work with teams in remote locations to complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to create test plans, test cases and track resolution of software defects.
- Able to evangelize innovations, through prototyping or other means and typically finds solutions to the most challenging framework level bugs and issues.
- Passionate about developing frameworks, reusable code, wants to make a difference.
- Self-motivated and fully committed dynamic individual with ability to adapt and adjust to fast-paced environment
- Experience with Source-code control systems.
- Experience developing data-driven applications using an industry standard RDBMS (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MySQL, etc.), including strong data architecture and SQL development skills
- Experience with unit testing (preferably Google Test) and tools
- Experience using industry standard software development tools (IDE / Version Control / Continuous Integration)
- Experience with Agile Software Development Experience with load and performance testing best practices.
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum environments.
- Experience in Unix based development environment (Unix, Shell, Perl, Python) is a plus
- Expertise in online payments and related domains is a plus
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.