Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Credit Risk Engineering team is responsible for Credit Risk decision, fraud detection, risk management decision and compute services across PayPal - globally. We design, develop, enhance and support services that get called across every interaction between PayPal and it's users and partners. Our solutions need to scale across millions of such interactions, working with petabyte plus data, integrating with various other APIs in real time and yet providing high availability and configurability to the business. To achieve this we are always looking at advances in technology and science and tying those back to business needs. You will be responsible for working with a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of a range of products on web and mobile platforms. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project execution skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
• Work within a team of highly talented engineers, product and architect to design and develop a highly scalable and configurable Credit Risk Platform
• Being involved in design meetings to propose, discuss and refine new features and functionality.
• You must have significant business knowledge and technical expertise in application design and architecture, as well as knowledge of related domains of technical architectures (network, security, and infrastructure engineering), information architectures, and data architectures.
• Maintain and enhance the existing architectural documentations and create the new one as needed
• You will be involved in all aspects of the project life cycle, from the initial kickoff through the requirements analysis, design and implementation.
• Must be a self- starter, work independently or as a team member, and have strong communication skills in interfacing with business partners and the Technology, will also be responsible for communicating to stakeholders on technical standards, principles, methodology and trends.
• Highly analytical, innovative, and able to think strategically and to develop comprehensive detailed specifications.
• Highly effective at working in cross-functional groups and getting results in matrix organizations.
• Experience in engineering support of a product through a PDLC. • Working knowledge of finance industry standards and practices preferred.
• Expert in back-end development using Java EE technologies (e.g. Java language, application servers, servlet containers, JMS, JPA, Spring MVC, Hibernate).
• Strong OOP skills, with ability to analyze requirements and transform into scalable software designs.
• Experience with HTTP, REST API's and competent designing and building web services/microservices in a commercial setting.
• Cognizant of SQL and other/NoSQL/modern database and storage technologies. Desired understanding of Oracle, JDBC and ORM frameworks (e.g. Hibernate).
• Experience with Design Patterns, MVC and frameworks (e.g. Spring).
• Competent in design/implementation for reliability, availability, scalability and performance.
• Competent in software engineering tools (e.g. Java build tools) and best practices (e.g. unit testing, test automation, continuous integration, etc.).
• Should be a strong advocate of code craftsmanship, good coding standards and use of tools that will improve the quality of the delivered code
• Demonstrate a high level of curiosity, passion for technology, pride of ownership and strive for excellence
• Experience with using Agile/Scrum methodology for software development
• Good understanding of web services and SOA related standards like REST/OAuth/JSON and SOAP/WSDL.
• Extra credit: Provide your GitHub account or code samples with your resume!
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 2-4 years of experience building successful production software systems.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.