Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Safety and trust distinguishes our company from the competition and are at the core of our value proposition to our customer base, consumers, merchants and developers. The candidate will be a key contributor in the identification, assessment, measurement, and reduction of the technology and security risk for PayPal Business Units. As a member of the second line of defense team, you will collaborate closely with the leads of different lines of business, first line security, and risk management teams to continuously improve the technology and security risk posture of the business units.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Participate in the technology and security risk assessment process for PayPal.
- Help mature the risk assessment processes, methodology, and approach to align acquisitions with PayPal standards
- Assist comprehensive assessments to determine Business Unit technology and security profile
- Work with internal and external teams to conduct assessments and testing of networks, platforms, and applications
- Assess maturity of security and technology programs through examination of documentation, review of processes, and interviews with key staff
- Identity gaps, assess risk, and help develop remediation action plans
- Stay current on emerging technologies and security trends and how the impact the business units.
- Experience in security or technology assurance and oversight
- Strong applied experience. You’ve built, broken, and rebuilt software applications. We’re looking for creative thinkers who also know how to create real-world products
- Understanding around concepts like Web Services, REST APIs
- A constant desire to grow, learn, and explore new things
- At least 1 year of experience in programming/scripting language
- Familiarity with Python and/or Node.js applications
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proven track record of having excellent analytical skills and being results-oriented
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and presentation skills, and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively
- Graduated within the past 12 months, or will be graduating by Spring 2021, with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (Information Technology, Information Assurance, Cyber Security or related disciplines preferred)
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.