Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
***Please note this position is for 2nd Shift*** Hours 6pm-6am PST and will work Sat evenings through alternating Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. The role will be based in Scottsdale, AZ The Technical Duty Officer (TDO) first responsibility is handling critical escalations in the Command Center. They are responsible for any and all Class 1-3 incident tickets, driving them to resolution. They are the primary leader in coordinating the efforts of the Command Center and our external partners though our incident management process. They act as the final authority in ensuring that the work is completed as quickly as possible. They will need to incorporate a risk-based approach to the job, and all of their decisions need to be weighed. They need to understand and evaluate the risks of not only performing an action but also those from not performing an action before taking any course.
- Proactively finds potential site issues and takes initiative to address them in a timely fashion.
- The TDO is also responsible for providing concise communications of events, both verbally and written. They need to ensure that incident documentation is complete and can be used for executive briefings as well as the starting point for the problem management process.
- Coordinate the activities of and provides leadership to others, particularly Command Center staff, Site Reliability Engineering, and Release Management as well as cross functional teams.
- Understand the impact various systems have on the business.
- Provides guidance to others around impact.
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies in the industry and provides an opportunity assessment for internal deployments.
- The TDO needs to have a solid background in the software and systems that are used throughout the PayPal environment as well have a complete understanding for the complexity of the PayPal application stack. They should be well versed in the middleware software that is being used to support the PayPal applications.
- Organized and detailed mind that is as capable of considering the big picture as it is delving into the gritty specifics that define day-to-day troubleshooting.
- Unafraid to take the lead; who understands the importance of process as a means for defining good business practices, rather than as an excuse to avoid ownership and responsibility.
- Confidence in his/her abilities; and who can immediately step into a leadership role, demand the respect of an experienced staff.
- Advanced understanding of technical concepts required for specialized field.
- Advanced in multiple systems technologies in use at PayPal and exhibit leadership in at least one area of expertise.
- Familiarity with all domain technologies to handle any routine task or issue that may occur in day-to-day activities.
- Know PayPal processes and interactions required to provision and support systems on the site.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.