Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Deliver quality solutions on schedule; •Create / Review design documents; •Advises management and appropriate groups on support issues which impact customer satisfaction and provides recommendations for appropriate actions; •Mentors other engineers and developers by providing technical and business related guidance and resources; •Presents issues and solutions to audiences of varying sizes. Provides recognized technical and business leadership and is able to provide deep technical support across a range of functionality; •Manages workload and other assignments efficiently while being able to resolve time-critical situations reliably and professionally; •Participates in the development of tools, systems and processes aimed at improving product supportability or overall support productivity;
- 10 to 12+ years of experience developing software, primarily with object-oriented languages such as C++/JAVA
- Deep understanding of and extensive experience applying advanced object-oriented design and development principles
- Experience developing data-driven applications using an industry standard RDBMS (Oracle, DB2, etc.), including strong data architecture and SQL development skills
- Experience collaborating with business users to define the key business requirements and translate them into process/technical solutions
- Experience in Unix based development environment (Unix, Shell, Perl, Python) is a plus
- Experience applying software design patterns
- Experience with unit testing (preferably Google Test) and tools
- Experience using industry standard software development tools (IDE / Version Control / Continuous Integration)
- Strong debugging and problem resolution skills
- Expertise in online payments and related domains is a plus
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.