Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
● Domain Data Lead: Go to person for their product's feature, design and domain details from a data perspective. Ability to present information about their product to stakeholders and senior management. ● Requirements: Engage with internal or external customers for requirements. Ability to capture, document and present requirements without any assistance. Engage with business users to understand needs, using domain knowledge to provide recommendations. ● Data Analysis & Problem Solving: Ability to understand complex business problem and provide feasible solution meeting PP domain & technology requirements. ● Technical Expertise: Facilitate technical discussion for their product and provide feedback and inputs in the technical and architectural design. Ability to review the tech specs and architectural design docs.
Skills and Experience
- A Master or Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent with 10+ years of data engineering experience
- Business Acumen – Good understanding of products, business process, business acumen, business domain understanding. Ability to identify dependencies and risks within their domain.
- Being Data Domain Expert --- Building Insights (knowledge) to Functional business area - associations among data, various PayPal systems and business processes, business rules/logics, data flows, data usages
- Being the data process experts -- Knowledge (expertise) on data products, analytical and operational data environment including tools, technologies, processes, Info-Security requirements
- Analytics-- Expert in Analytics throughout product lifecycle – Expert in documentation, communication, data/system/data usage analysis, testing, support
- Engagement and Communication: Ability to engage with Business users and understand their needs. Communication with Business – supporting PM in communication with business and stakeholders. Present data products to all levels in the organization
- Understands and able to reason about the business requirements, as it relates to their area of expertise/SME.
- Develops the ability to help in resolving data issues.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good understanding of database principles and SQL beyond just data access.
- Proficient in scripting languages, i.e. Unix/Linux Shell Scripting
- Experience in data analysis using open source solutions such as: Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Elastic Search
Intermediate level knowledge on following business domains is a plus:
- Payments and banking
- Merchant servicing
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.