Job DescriptionAt PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
This role offers a unique opportunity to innovate and improve PayPal’s fraud prevention and detection technologies.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Design, develop and maintain data-driven solutions for PayPal consumer risk management. Makes sound decisions that balance risk, user experience and financial performance.
- Identify and address problems and issues during normal course of work and respond to risk mitigation needs quickly to solve issues with minimum guidance.
- Develop and automate tracking functionality that monitors volume and solution efficacy. Regularly evaluate and communicate performance of analytical solutions to management.
- Participate in the formulations and implementation of departmental processes, procedures, policies and standards.
- Exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results on matters of significance to the business.
- Look for improvement and innovation opportunities with business impact. Provide a source of high-quality ideas.
- Strong in analytics and problem solving. Experienced with predicative modeling, data mining and analytical tool. Proficient with SQL, SAS, and other statistical tools, R and Python experience will be a plus.
- Proven experience in employing analytics solution on real world problems.
- Good business sense and logical thinking. Ability to synthesize information and generalize the pattern.
- Proven ability to work independently and proficiently on well-defined projects; Focuses primarily on how to achieve overall business objectives of a project with speed and quality
- Effective inter-personal skills. Manager relationship with key partners. Able to collaborate with remote teams effectively.
- Skilled in Presenting – can effectively communicate in large or small group settings.
- Master’s degree in a quantitative or engineering field with 2+ year profession experience. Level will be determined based on experience.
- Industry experience in payments, e-commerce, or financial services is a strong plus
- Fluent in English.
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.