Job DescriptionAt PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
This role be responsible for working with PayPal business units and teams to design, develop and deliver data solutions on one of the largest data platforms.
- Design, develop and maintain Big data platform, using cutting edge Spark and Hadoop technologies.
- Support solutions’ integration to the monitoring system during normal course of work, and collaborate with different partners (e.g. modelers, analysts) to understand the requirement.
- Look for improvement opportunities with business impact, participate in the formulations and implementation of processes, procedures, and policies for GRDS Live monitoring and Data preparation team.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent).
- 3+ years related professional experience or Master’s degree and 2+ year. Level will be determined based on experience.
- Solid foundation of Java/Scala.
- Experience with Spark, have good knowledge of Big Data tools, such as Pig, Hive.
- Have passion in building and supporting data driven system.
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing system.
- Strong in problem solving. Ability to solve ongoing issues with the cluster.
- Experience with messaging systems, such as Kafka is a plus
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.