Sr Release/DevOps Engineer - SurePayroll
- Northbrook, IL
The Sr Release Engineer - SurePayroll collaborates within IT and cross-functionally to build, continuously improve, and execute a robust, scalable, and consistently applied build and deployment pipeline in order to deliver a quality product on schedule. This position champions change and plays a key role in designing, developing, and deploying critical functions of the company's technology stack.
- Designs, manages, and improves the continuous integration/continuous deployment pipeline with a focus on automation and integration to cloud environments and to optimize process efficiency and consistency
- Executes, monitors, and troubleshoots application deployments in all environments to ensure accuracy, efficiency, and success.
- Creates and maintains accurate documentation of release processes and automation as a reference for the team.
- Leads and coordinates release and/or hotfix deployments in production ensuring optimal communication and accountability among all release players.
- Triages and facilitates resolution of post-release issues and communicates updates to IT and business stakeholders.
- Supports and provides documentation to comply with audit requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Computer Science
- 3 years of experience in Dev Ops Engineer or related role managing large environments, preferably in the SAAS industry.
- 3 years of experience in Experience with Jenkins, XLRelease, XLDeploy or Octopus, Ansible/Puppet/Chef, Docker and Kubernetes.
- 3 years of experience in Experience with advanced configuration management systems, preferably BitBucket along with knowledge of branching, merging, pull requests, multi-site development, and other workflows.
- 2 years of experience in Experience with Azure cloud platform.
- 2 years of experience in Experience with monitoring & logging tools such as Splunk.
- Demonstrates analytical skills.
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Promotes information sharing.
- Instills commitment to organizational goals.
- Possesses strong product knowledge.
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion.
- Possesses strong technical aptitude.
Back to top