Software Engineer (.Net, Java, Python)
Validates requirements, performs analysis and design for system improvements and new applications. Represents the department by leading work and providing guidance to others.
- Performs more comprehensive analysis and design for program changes to gain and to transfer knowledge of application changes. Reviews and provides input to requirements documents. Writes design documents (e.g. SRS, SDD).
- Defines development tasks and provides time estimates to aid in scheduling. May assign and coordinate tasks of others. Monitors progress against task estimates to provide status. Acts as a focal point to communicate department project activities and status.
- Shares expertise to provide guidance to others.
- Completes more complex program changes to translate specifications and / or requirements into code.
- Applies application specific technical skills to independently produce deliverables (i.e. specifications, program changes, unit test scripts, documentation, etc.).
- Acquires and utilizes more in-depth business knowledge to support the applications.
- Recognizes code, process, and / or standard inefficiencies and makes suggestions for improvement, if applicable.
- Provides documentation to support program changes.
- Plans, documents, and executes unit test plans to ensure all code changes meet requirements / specifications.
- Supports programming changes during quality assurance, user acceptance testing, and post implementation to ensure integrity of application.
- Responds to questions, researches and resolves issues to provide technical support for production applications.
- Under management review, conducts one-on-one meetings with team members and writes and administers team member project performance reviews to facilitate the project and to provide feedback to the manager to aid in the professional development of the team member.
- Complies with and contributes to standards and procedures to ensure development consistency (e.g. programming standards, change management, version control).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 3 years of experience in Related field.
- Experience with .Net, Java and Python- preferred.
- Knowledge/familiarity with OpenShift, Jenkins and Kafka
Back to top