PEO Sr Payroll Specialist
Responsible for all aspects of quality payroll service for PEO clients. Contacts and assists PEO clients in the process of obtaining information for payroll production; verifies totals. Responds to and resolves client issues.
- Performs all duties of a Payroll Specialist.
- Coordinates the workflow and communication among internal departments for PEO payroll matters for the branch and for our clients to ensure high quality service is provided.
- Contacts PEO clients to obtain payroll data, including salary changes, new employee packets, worksite change forms, tax information and employee deductions to set schedules. Ensures data is accurate and processed timely.
- Keys all payroll and related data necessary to process and meet appointment schedules.
- Ensures timely feedback and coordinates issue resolution with human resource generalist for PEO clients.
- Coordinates administrative responsibilities with HRS personnel, including PHRS human resource generalists and/or PHRS administrators (e.g. Taxpay, SUI, COBRA, Garnishment Administration etc.).
- Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship with PEO clients, local branch operations, PEO accounting, human resource generalists and sales to promote Paychex' quality service image. May participate in client visits.
- Works closely with the new client specialist to ensure client load and re-load procedures are completed.
- Keeps abreast of the Paychex payroll processing system and changes in wage and tax laws, assist PEO departments with problem resolution on behalf of PEO clients.
- Maintains knowledge of PEO billing process and monitors reconciliation and data integrity items to ensure timely resolution with PEO finance/accounting.
- May assist with on-going branch training. May coordinate training, initial PEO client set-up and delivery of services for the PEO service offering among sales, corporate, and local branch operations.
- Maintains knowledge of PEO service offering: Payroll, Benefits, Taxpay, Direct Deposit, General Ledger Reporting, Readychex, 401(k), Section 125, etc. and is able to assist clients with general inquiries.
- - Required
- 1 year of experience in Paychex payroll specialist position.
- 3 years of experience in Office experience.
Back to top