Manager, Software Engineering I
Manages a team of Developers working in an Agile Development environment. Develops their staff to meet department strategic resource needs. Coordinates activities of multiple projects within Enterprise Development and participates as a servant leader to the agile development teams in the department.
- Participates in the interview and hiring process. Prepares and administers annual reviews and development plans, makes promotion and salary recommendations. Responsible for personnel planning and the allocation of team members to meet Enterprise Development project needs. Identifies and mentors future leaders / managers for company growth.
- Provides support and assistance to several agile development teams and their scrum masters. Has strong working knowledge of agile development principles. Helps to remove roadblocks that agile teams are unable to solve by themselves.
- Provides input to product owners on the product strategy and vision. Gives feedback to the product owners on the content and prioritization of the product backlog.
- Builds relationships with other IT departments and business units and mitigates conflict to facilitate inter-department communication and agile team progress in order to meet business objectives. Acts as a catalyst for change to improve applications or processes which benefit IT and/or the business unit.
- Demonstrates application knowledge and understands functionality of applications outside their area of expertise to identify potential impacts and make recommendations to minimize the impacts. Responds to questions from other IT departments and business units and coordinates resolution of critical issues to provide support for production applications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer related discipline - Preferred
- 7 years of experience in Related field.
- 2 years of experience in supervisory, management, project leadership, or project management.
- Experience with C#, HTML and Python.
Back to top