Senior Infrastructure Engineer
PAX Labs is an award-winning consumer technology brand with a mission to establish cannabis as a force for good. Our products set a high bar for quality and, together with the PAX App, offer unique features such as safety locking, adjustable temperature and draw control. As millions of consumers try cannabis for the first time or return to it after a long hiatus, PAX believes that quality, transparency and predictability are the keys to safe, responsible use by adults.
Headquartered in San Francisco, PAX is backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global and Tao Invest (Pritzker family fund). We are an exceptional team with hardware and software backgrounds in consumer technology, healthcare, and biotech, and are growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. Our internal culture values diversity, integrity, having an impact, and passion for the larger movement that PAX is a part of.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for the founding members of the infrastructure team that will be responsible for designing, building, and evolving a secure and robust infrastructure to support rapid continuous delivery of software that supports PAX Mobile App and systems supporting our ERA pod partner network. The work will involve a considerable amount of new system and automation development, as well as setting up monitoring, and evolving existing systems as we add innovative features to our PAX Mobile App, and integrate with a new breed of automated ERA pod filling machines.
As the PAX Infrastructure Engineer, you will:
- Employ standards and best practices for supporting rapid continuous delivery of software
- Design and build systems and tools that support PAX software platform with a reasonable balance between speed of delivery and reliability
- Work with small cross-functional teams including mobile, backend, and firmware engineers and participate in design discussions, decision making, and code reviews
- Influence and lead engineering discussions and mentor others in the team
- Assist in troubleshooting production incidents and provide timely resolution
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN YOU
- 5+ years experience in developing and executing on infrastructure and devops roadmaps
- 2+ years is management of small development or devops teams is a plus
- Hands-on experience in building, and managing infrastructure and microservices components in the cloud using AWS and CloudFoundry
- Strong in scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, or Go
- Mastery of DevOps/DevSecOps principals, and infrastructure as code;
- Experience with setting up and maintaining CI/CD pipelining tools such as Jenkins or Concourse CI
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools like Terraform and BOSH
- Experience with setting up data warehousing pipelines is a plus
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL is a plus
- Knowledge of NoSQL systems like Redis, and Cassandra is a plus
- Experience running distributed big data and machine learning components at scale is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Write clear, concise, and maintainable code
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields or demonstrated work experience
PAX LABS PERKS & BENEFITS
- Competitive compensation, equity & bi-annual performance reviews
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401K plan
- Generous PTO policy
- Paid Parental Leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Employee Purchase Program for discounted PAX devices
- Weekly catered lunch, endless snacks and beverages
- Dog Friendly HQ in the Mission District of San Francisco
- Employee Assistance Program including access to online legal support
Don't let the confidence gap get in the way of applying! We'd love to hear from you.
Meet Some of PAX Labs's Employees
Amanda H.Senior Android Engineer
"One of my favorite things about working at PAX is getting the opportunity to work cross functionally with so many different types of engineers. On a regular basis I get to work with our firmware, hardware and validation engineers and I get to see first hand what they do and how they do it."
Conrad L.Director of Medical Programs
"When you work in this industry, it's easy to focus on the positive aspects of cannabis; it's less comfortable to acknowledge the risks that come with it. But nothing could be more important. If we're going to make decisions that can affect the health of our customers, we have to have the facts."
Back to top