Regional Sales Lead, East
- New York, NY
PAX Labs is an award-winning consumer technology brand with a mission to establish cannabis as a force for good. Our products set a high bar for quality and, together with the PAX App, offer unique features such as safety locking, adjustable temperature and draw control. As millions of consumers try cannabis for the first time or return to it after a long hiatus, PAX believes that quality, transparency and predictability are the keys to safe, responsible use by adults.
Headquartered in San Francisco, PAX is backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global and Tao Invest (Pritzker family fund). We are an exceptional team with hardware and software backgrounds in consumer technology, healthcare, and biotech, and are growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. Our internal culture values diversity, integrity, having an impact, and passion for the larger movement that PAX is a part of.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
PAX Labs is seeking a highly motivated Regional Sales Leader (RSL) who will help shape and manage the direction of our East region sales team. This role is critical in building our emerging business and shaping the future of our brand. Our sales teams are lean, covering 14 states, 65 Brand Partners, and hundreds of retailers so we need to be strategic with our time and resources. This role will be remote from either New York or Boston.
The RSL will serve as an integral member of the sales leadership team, reporting into the Head of U.S. Sales. S/he will act as the voice of East region Brand Partners and Retailers. The ideal candidate loves being in the field, meeting with partners, retailers, and consumers to help shape a well founded point of view that will influence PAX’s Sales and Business Development strategy.
About you… You have experience in developing a sales strategy, managing a P&L and a continual forecasting process. You love people and motivating a field sales and marketing team to achieve PAX’s commercial targets and goals in the region. Additionally, you come with and/or are developing a deep knowledge of the regional marketplace, including the regulatory landscape, cannabis brands, channels, and retailers.
- Help set regional targets, objectives and performance metrics for your region.
- Incentivize and motivate the field sales and marketing team to execute on goals, objectives and metrics.
- Own the development and implementation of regional sales programs that will attract new key accounts and enhance sales to current customers.
- Manage c-level/executive Brand Partner relationships to drive meaningful on-going business.
- Increase regional segment share based on agreed metrics and goals.
- Own forecasting models including budget, dates, probability to close and inventory estimates.
- Provide leadership to a team responsible for selling the company’s products and services, developing new accounts and/or expanding existing accounts across regional market.
- Manage all Territory Sales Managers to meet regional sales goals.
- Dotted line management of Field Marketing manager to meet regional sales goals.
- Build and develop a “best-in-class” field sales team. In this capacity the RSL will serve as a player/coach who leads and inspires others by their actions and engagement.
- Cross-functional engagement with Commercial Strategy, Brand Marketing, Trade Marketing, and Product to drive products, programs, and campaigns that align with your region’s needs.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- 8+ years of sales experience.
- 3+ years of people management experience.
- Proven success hiring and training sales teams.
- Deep knowledge of the cannabis industry and products.
- Experience in fast-cycle businesses with complex product lines and a heavy technology innovation component.
- Prior success in impacting the top and bottom line through creating successful sales strategies.
- A proven track record of opportunity identification, problem-solving and taking initiative.
- Proven ability to be successful in a less traditional or less hierarchical environment.
- Regardless of career path, the successful candidate must have a track record of driving change.
KEY ATTRIBUTES NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS
The Regional Sales Leader will be a self-confident, hands-on coach with a collaborative, open management style that fosters participation and contribution by others. S/he will have the experience and credibility to make tough decisions and achieve results on a timely basis.
- High energy, entrepreneurial spirit with self-starter instincts.
- Thoughtful and decisive decision-making style.
- A flexible nature and management style that can accommodate rapid change and a high level of ambiguity in an evolving organization and industry.
- Clear and crisp communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to keep CRM, weekly forecasts, and other business systems updated.
- High EQ to effectively influence others and champion ideas, both internally and externally.
- The character and discipline to succeed in a highly competitive industry.
PAX LABS PERKS & BENEFITS
- Competitive compensation, equity & bi-annual performance reviews
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401K plan
- Generous PTO policy
- Paid Parental Leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Employee Purchase Program for discounted PAX devices
- Weekly catered lunch, endless snacks and beverages
- Dog Friendly HQ in the Mission District of San Francisco
- Employee Assistance Program including access to online legal support
Don't let the confidence gap get in the way of applying! We'd love to hear from you.
Back to top