NPI Operations Project Manager
- San Francisco, CA
At PAX we strive to enhance people’s lives through exceptional cannabis experiences. Our curated set of pure full flavor pods and award-winning devices make enjoying cannabis simple and safe. For more than a decade, we have created next-generation devices that deliver enduring quality and wellness benefits through innovations in design and technology, and remain trusted by millions of consumers nationwide. We’re the #1 cannabis brand nationally with top awareness and NPS scores. Our standards allow for the safest vaporization of cannabis on the market. We are passionate about increasing well-being and joy through the power of cannabis, and we are committed to advancing opportunity through supporting social justice, access and equity in the industry.
We are incredibly excited about the tremendous growth of the cannabis industry, inspired every day by how cannabis can change lives, and fortunate for our leading position in the space. Our culture is focused on putting the consumer first, making an impact together, and also having fun along the way! Our team has helped build businesses at the intersection of consumer, technology and wellness, including Apple, Google, Tesla, Uber, GoPro, Fitbit, Constellation, Honest Company, Eaze and more. PAX is backed by leading consumer and technology investors including Tiger Global and Tao Invest, and has raised over $430MM in capital.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As NPI Operations Project Manager you are responsible for analyzing, planning and coordinating materials for development builds to support the new product introduction schedule and the engineering and supply chain organization. The successful individual is proactive, team oriented, understands hardware engineering practices and engages enthusiastically in the problem-solving process and exhibits strong follow through.
- Responsible for supporting development builds with engineering program management and scheduling at manufacturing partners.
- Creation of planning and NPI Bill Of Materials (BOM) as required in Arena.
- Creation & maintenance of material & fixture readiness using Clear To Build (CTB) & Daily Build/Ship reporting.
- Coordination of schedule conflicts, formulating recovery schedules, identifying impediments to successful builds (missing released drawings, etc.).
- Accountable for directing, controlling and coordinating product ordering and manufacturing order releasing.
- Analyzes the NPI schedule and component development readiness to initiate actions
- Requires product knowledge, understanding of NPI & document control process, scheduling techniques.
- Tracks shortages and works with supply chain, manufacturing partners and Asia team on ensuring stock is available for build schedule.
- Verifies documentation and revision levels with engineering prior to order release
- Interacts regularly with hardware design engineering, engineering program management, supply chain, product managers and manufacturing partners to ensure timely and accurate coordination of materials and resources to meet the NPI build schedule.
- Issues all purchase orders to manufacturing partners and confirms the timely preparation of material through the manufacturing process.
- Resolves, within scope of authority, accounts payable or supplier payment problems, informational requirements, payables or credit status communications issues, or other procurement related issues.
- Liaison between engineering & supply chain to ensure timely and accurate NPI plan execution
- Makes accurate commits and meets on time shipment goals.
- 5+ years NPI experience in an outsourced manufacturing environment
- 2+ years of PM experience or equivalent certification (PMP)
- Key attributes necessary for success:
- Intermediate to advanced Excel and Arena skills
- Good organizational skills, with ability to prioritize and multitask
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good mathematical skills
- Demonstrate strong analytical, time management and follow-up skills
- Prior startup experience
- College degree or equivalent experience
PAX LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Competitive compensation, equity & bi-annual performance review
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401K plan
- Generous PTO policy
- Paid Parental Leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Employee Purchase Program for discounted PAX devices
- Weekly catered lunch, endless snacks and beverages
- Dog Friendly HQ in the Mission District of San Francisco
- Employee Assistance Program including access to online legal support
Consumers First - We put consumers first in all our objectives, designs, and discussions. Our goal is to improve their lives, to deliver unique solutions for them and to create for their benefit.
Innovate - We make cannabis easy and intuitive. Innovating for consumers and finding the yes is everyone’s responsibility. We do so with excellence and speed to market as our lifeblood.
Community - We are active, collaborative and beneficial builders of a global community. We support health, wellness and social justice efforts as a force for good.
Contribute - We each individually own the solution, and drive for winning outcomes.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Back to top