Senior Product Manager, Platform
We believe that people who make great things should get paid for the value they give to the world. We strive to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it fast and easy to run a business as a professional creator, so that creators can focus on making art.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. A diversity of perspectives will help us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons, and enable us to best accomplish our mission of funding the creative class. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here!
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill that vision. We believe that hiring smart, ambitious people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results.
Patreon is looking for someone to ….
- Build and deliver the vision, strategy and product roadmap for a one of the most critical pieces of Patreon’s infrastructure: our platform.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams from engineering, design, research, data science, design, partnerships, and more.
- Own objectives around proving that apps and integrations can increase the success of creators on our platform by helping them offer more value to patrons for less effort and cost.
- 7+ years of experience shipping and iterating on successful products in a product management role.
- Understand user and team needs and translate into product strategy, roadmap and features.
- Attention to detail - the API and platform are technical systems and must remain secure and highly performant in order to fulfill their promise to creators. There is little room for error.
- Strong understanding of the developer ecosystems and incentives.
- Experience working with third-parties on technology and product-based partnerships.
- Excellent ability to prioritize and sequence work.
- Inspiring and motivating - Ability to tell a story for the problems you’re solving and the vision you want to realize; balanced with the details.
- Ownership - the desire to be accountable to metric-moving outcomes.
- Exceptional communication skills - able to join partner meetings and represent engineering and design choices to our partners and execs.
- Technical background - engineering, data science, or developer experience a plus.
- Existing relationships with external partners that creators might use for their business.
- Previous startup experience at a growth stage company.
- The unique market that Patreon is entering by helping creators build membership businesses.
Meet Some of Patreon's Employees
Valerie fosters a strong, diverse Engineering Team by mentoring individuals across technical teams and hiring new team members. She also oversees special projects, like overhauling leveling guidelines.
Back to top