Senior Product Designer
- San Francisco, CA
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
** Along with your resume, please submit a link to your online portfolio **
What you will do:
- Our product serves both creators and patrons (consumers). In this role, you will lead the experience for patrons, defining new content, community, and discovery experiences that energize patrons. This is the largest and newest area of strategic investment that encompasses a suite of greenfield user opportunities.
- Design core features of the patron strategy
- Guide teams towards execution excellence through discovery, research, experimentation, feature launches, phasing, and long-term planning
- Significantly drive the product roadmap
- Lead and improve our collaborative design process, involving engineers, product managers, researchers, data scientists, marketing managers, and consumer-facing teams
Skills and experience you possess:
- 5+ years of relevant product design experience
- Vision & strategy: proven leadership in driving, communicating, and executing against a vision
- Unusually iconic consumer track record, visual design excellence, and meticulous attention to craft. You love inventing beautiful, new things.
- Strong systems design thinking across medium- to high-complexity problems
- Agility in utilizing a variety of discovery, research, and validation methods to drive meaningful outcomes. You strive to uncover the “Why” behind the numbers.
- A humble, collaborative, and service-oriented approach to your career
- Bonus: interest in new consumption experiences, the passion economy, and quality vs. quantity engagement models
Projects you may work on:
- Strategy & framework for end-to-end patron experience
- Mobile app unbundling, redesign, relaunch
- Search & discovery
What you will have the chance to learn:
- Emergent, creator-centric community building
- New models of content consumption, passion-based engagement, and artistic (video, podcast, music) production
- Designing for impact (we’re a small team with outsized impact on millions of users)
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
Back to top