Senior Product Designer
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $150 million directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Senior Product Designer.
*Please submit a portfolio or body of work with your application!*
What you will do:
- Partner with product managers and researchers to identify user needs, define product strategy, and create roadmaps.
- Lead a collaborative design process from conception to launch, involving engineers, product managers, researchers, data scientists, and user advocates.
- Evolve our design system and design workflows.
- Collaborate with fellow designers and raise our bar of quality.
- Help the design team grow and iterate on our culture.
- Share insights with the company and contribute to the community with blog posts and open source software.
Skills and experience you possess:
- You have 5+ years of experience working as a digital product designer.
- You have solved complex problems with elegant, shipped product.
- You’re excellent at articulating design decisions.
- You’re effective at prototyping at varying levels of fidelity.
- You’re exceptional at soliciting and giving design feedback.
- You’ve demonstrated strong interaction and visual design capabilities.
Even better if:
- You’ve built design systems from the ground up.
- You’re comfortable using interaction prototyping tools like Framer or Origami.
- You have web development experience and are familiar with React.
- You’ve led user research projects.
- You have experience mentoring designers.
You’ll love working here if:
- You care about getting artists and creators paid.
- You believe the best products are built with a human-centered design process.
- You love to design impactful, well crafted experiences.
- You work best in a highly collaborative environment.
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results. We encourage you to learn more about how we think about culture at Patreon, to make sure we’re the right place for you.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
- Check out video testimonials, photos, and more on TheMuse
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.
Meet Some of Patreon's Employees
Valerie fosters a strong, diverse Engineering Team by mentoring individuals across technical teams and hiring new team members. She also oversees special projects, like overhauling leveling guidelines.
Back to top