Senior Manager, Web Development
- San Francisco, CA
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $500 million directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Senior Manager of Web Development.
**Please include links to 2-3 three recently launched web-based projects with your application.**
What you will do:
- Lead research and prototyping to determine Patreon’s ideal web framework and architecture
- Build a plan to implement Patreon’s web framework and execute on it in a way that balances the right long term investments with short term wins
- Help us develop a solution and process that will allow our digital presence to scale globally and cross-functionally
- Serve as Patreon’s expert on web development and consult with functional leadership across marketing, product, and engineering
- Partner with the Creative team on how to best use technology to influence our business objectives and creative strategy
- Grow, manage, and mentor other web developers
- Identify, understand, and remove technical roadblocks quickly to help all teams deliver impact as fast as possible
Skills and experience you possess:
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience, with at least 2+ years in a similar leadership role
- Comfort working in React
- Expert at launching high quality, high traffic marketing pages
- Prior experience architecting, implementing and managing Content Management Systems
- An “eye” for design and appreciation for creating great user experiences - a strong commitment to quality is a must
- Comfortable implementing designs across modern devices & browsers
- Solid understanding of agile development practices and Git workflows
- Strong communicator, ability to thrive within our distributed creative team
- Experience with web performance, conversion rate optimization, and SEO optimization
Projects you may work on:
- Build Patreon’s marketing platform from the ground up, including rolling out our new brand!
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
Back to top