Senior HR Business Partner
We believe that people who make great things should get paid for the value they give to the world. We strive to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it fast and easy to run a business as a professional creator so that creators can focus on making art.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here!
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill that vision. We believe that hiring smart, ambitious people, and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results.
What you would do:
- Work directly with the Head of People and Patreon’s leadership team to align our HR strategy with the company’s strategy and build programs to execute on that strategy
- Coach, guide, and support Patreon's leaders and broader team
- Own Patreon’s compensation systems and work with legal to manage our equity systems
- Maintain and improve our HR data information systems and reporting infrastructure
- Leverage data to build, manage, and strengthen every part of our HR offerings including on-boarding, benefits, training, performance, promotion, career development, diversity & inclusion and engagement programs, among others
- Lead Patreon’s compliance, health, and safety programs
- Work closely with Patreon’s Talent Acquisition, Facilities, IT and Administration teams to maintain a diverse and inclusive work environment
Skills you possess:
- 5 + years in human resources
- Expertise in all major areas of a Human Resources / People function, including compensation and benefits, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), performance reviews, organizational development, employee engagement, health and safety, legal compliance, and workforce planning
- You are an excellent coach and partner. You know how to help leaders work through issues and drive change in their organizations.
- You love “testing” your ideas and measuring the impact of your work
- You’re excited about opportunities to leverage data to make recommendations
- You communicate clearly and succinctly
- You feel comfortable working autonomously
- You have a positive outlook on problem solving; when you see a problem, you feel energized to solve it
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results. We encourage you to learn more about how we think about culture at Patreon, to make sure we’re the right place for you.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
- Check out video testimonials, photos, and more on TheMuse
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.
Meet Some of Patreon's Employees
Valerie fosters a strong, diverse Engineering Team by mentoring individuals across technical teams and hiring new team members. She also oversees special projects, like overhauling leveling guidelines.
Back to top