Senior Front-End Engineer, Membership Product
- San Francisco, CA
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $1 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, we are looking for 5 Front-End Engineers to join us.
What you will do:
- Contribute to development and design of our creator product features and systems, working with cross-functional team members.
- Work with a supportive team to get things done with the right mix of quality and agility.
- Collaborate with people from all walks of life, motivated by passion for our shared mission.
- Build a product that helps creators focus on their work while making a living through our platform.
- You'll help prepare Patreon’s platform for scale.
Skills and experience you possess:
- 4+ years experience in software development.
- You have experience shipping quality code, releasing early, and iterating rapidly.
- You understand how Internet services work at scale.
- You have experience working in systems handling high volume transactions.
- You are smart about scheduling and planning.
- You have opinions on programming and testing best practices.
- You know how to write clear code.
- You prefer practicality over dogmatism.
- Bonus: Experience working with React Native or Python 3
Projects you may work on:
- Ideate, build, and collaborate with teammates to build out amazing creator and patron discovery experiences
- Ideate, build, and collaborate with teammates to build highly engaging network-based experiences to bring creators and patrons together within their communities
- Improve the dashboards creators use to understand how they’re doing on Patreon
- Build new features and improve on existing features (e.g., Merch) that creators can use to increase earnings on Patreon.
- Contribute at a global scale.
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
Back to top