- San Francisco, CA
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our San Francisco team.
About the Role:
Patreon is a fast-growing startup that is transforming the way creative people run their businesses and finance their work around the globe. In support of Patreon’s mission to fund the creative class, the accounting team is building a world class accounting department.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for day-to-day accounting operations across all aspects of the business. This role will be very hands-on and play an integral part in all aspects of accounting operations and a wide variety of projects as we scale. As a Senior Accountant, you will work closely with the Accounting Manager and other accounting team members on the month-end close process, audits, reporting, and more.
- Prepare monthly accounting entries for various business transactions, including software capitalization, prepaid assets, PP&E, accrued expenses, allocations, and more.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and reporting schedules, providing commentary and variance analysis.
- Work closely with management and external auditors to ensure the company is compliant with the latest accounting guidance and SOX.
- Assist in adoption of ASC 842 lease guidance.
- Participate in process improvements to streamline the monthly financial close process.
- Proactively identify issues and assist in optimizing systems, upgrades, and automation of accounting processes.
- Assist in development and implementation of new policies and procedures.
- Assist with financial and tax audits.
- Document and monitor internal controls as part of operational accounting work.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects.
- BA/BS or equivalent in accounting or related field.
- 4+ years corporate accounting experience with 2+ years of experience at a big 4 audit firm, and/or 2+ years of experience at a high-growth pre-IPO technology company.
- CPA is a plus.
- Strong experience and knowledge in U.S. GAAP and internal controls.
- Experience with software capitalization and ASC 842 is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Detail-oriented and able to effectively organize and manage multiple responsibilities.
- High level of honesty, integrity, commitment, and responsibility to day to day work.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- Quick learner, ability to identify issues and resolve problems.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to complex accounting issues.
- Experience with NetSuite, Bill.com, and Abacus a plus.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Team player, with a positive attitude, who is pro-active and owns accountability.
- Shares company values and vision and is excited by the challenge of working in a dynamic environment.
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
Back to top