Security Operations Engineer
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $150 million directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Security Operations Engineer. Help keep Patreon's data, our employees, and our millions of users safe.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill that vision. We believe that hiring smart, ambitious people, and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results.
What you will do:
- Build and maintain the state of the art systems that help make Patreon more secure.
- Instrument and monitor our systems and networks.
- Automate the detection, monitoring and reporting of vulnerabilities.
- Collaborate with great folks in Patreon’s Infrastructure and Engineering teams to advise on best practices.
- Automate tooling and processes to eliminate as much manual work as possible.
- Harden our systems and network against exploitation and privilege escalation.
- Improve signal detection and alerting capabilities.
- Help ensure our creators’ livelihoods are protected from bad actors.
Skills and experience you possess:
- Experience managing and securing AWS infrastructure
- Thorough familiarity with techniques used by real world attackers and are able to prioritize efforts based on this knowledge.
- Willingness to compromise when necessary and hold firm when it's essential.
- Proficiency in at least one modern coding language (Python, Go, etc.)
- Solid understanding of modern web application and database architecture.
- Experience creating readable, tested, maintainable code.
- Have worked with operations teams and understands the importance of DevOps.
- Able to prioritize your work within a fast-moving team.
- You have 3+ years of professional development or security experience
- Experience with SIEMs and log management
- Experience with configuration management and infrastructure tools (like Ansible and Terraform)
- Experience with incident response
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results. We encourage you to learn more about how we think about culture at Patreon, to make sure we’re the right place for you.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
- We are excited to share Patreon's revamped Engineering Leveling Guide. Check it out here.
- Check out video testimonials, photos, and more on TheMuse
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.
Back to top