We believe that people who make great things should get paid for the value they give to the world. We strive to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it fast and easy to run a business as a professional creator, so that creators can focus on making art and connecting with their biggest fans.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. A diversity of perspectives will help us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons, and enable us to best accomplish our mission of funding the creative class. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here!
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill that vision. We believe that hiring smart, ambitious people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results.
Patreon is looking for a creative, outcome driven business development leader to identify and grow platform partnerships. You will project manage internal and external communications on your partner activities. Partnerships is new, growing and will play a significant role in the future of Patreon and the creative ecosystem. The right person for this role will have a wide range of skills including research, modeling, selling, negotiation and relationship management.
What you would do:
- Work closely with the Head of Partnerships and internal teams including product, marketing and creator facing teams to identify, research and model partnership opportunities
- Source, negotiate and execute strategic partnerships with companies across the content & creator ecosystem
- Take responsibility for creator adoption of valuable partner services and partner success on the Patreon platform
- Represent Patreon in external meetings with executives, align incentives, and resolve issues
- Help filter and vet inbound inquiries, looking for patterns that could inform our broader partnership and/or product strategy
- Play a critical role in the development of our platform by working closely with our product team and evaluating build/partner decision frameworks
- Lean into our marketing strategy and amplify Patreon’s message through allies across the broader ecosystem
Skills you possess:
- Critical Thinking. You are a strategic and creative thinker who can develop and adapt market models to align incentives across multiple parties.
- Communication. You can clearly articulate ideas about Patreon’s role in the ecosystem. Inside Patreon’s walls, you demonstrate organizational agility and the ability to make strong points or change your mind when presented with compelling information.
- Creative Deal Making. You have demonstrated experience evaluating, negotiating, and managing strategic partnerships in a complex environment.
- Experience with Product Teams. You like learning from and working with product. Maybe you were in product or want to move in to product. You appreciate what it takes to build and create.
- Modeling. You can build a framework, find relevant data, make key assumptions, factor in to decision making and continue to improve accuracy.
- Partnership Management. You have shown an ability to grow partnerships over time, to advocate for their needs, to establish phased (i.e. crawl/walk/run) paths.
- Dealing with Ambiguity. You are eager for a challenge and enjoy the ambiguity of building something new and different.
Meet Some of Patreon's Employees
Valerie fosters a strong, diverse Engineering Team by mentoring individuals across technical teams and hiring new team members. She also oversees special projects, like overhauling leveling guidelines.
Back to top