Head of Information Security
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
- Build a world-class team of security engineers that builds world-class security infrastructure.
- Lead security planning and execution for the company.
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to ensure Patreon’s product, infrastructure, and practices are secure and compliant.
- Partner with Facilities and IT to ensure Patreon’s employees, premises, and assets are secure.
- Proactively identify, prioritize, and communicate and security risks to people across the company.
- Participate in cross-functional business risk council.
- Recruit, hire, and retain top tier talent.
- Help engineers advance their skills and careers.
- Constantly improve our team culture, practices, and effectiveness.
- Work with people from all walks of life.
- Focus on problems that will foster your career growth, and get feedback and support from the rest of the company.
- You have significant experience across multiple security domains, with special attention to at least two of Infrastructure Security, Application Security, and Operational Security.
- You have experience managing technical people and know how to build strong teams.
- You know industry best practices for security.
- You are a great communicator who can explain detailed security issues and risks to a broad, non-technical audience.
- You are an excellent prioritizer who can contextualize security risks alongside other business risks and opportunities
- You work well with engineering, legal, product, executives, and others. You tailor your communication style, level of detail, and approach based on the audience.
- You operate effectively across teams and disciplines even in highly ambiguous situations, with minimal direction needed.
- You know how to recruit from all backgrounds and interview consistently and without bias.
- You've helped your reports learn new skills, either directly or by getting them mentors.
- You have experience building inclusive team cultures.
- You are thoughtful about scheduling and planning for projects in a startup environment.
- You care about building great products and a great company that matters.
- You will help keep Patreon’s creators and patrons, and Patreon itself, safe and secure as we fulfill our mission of funding the creative class.
- You will build a team of security experts that helps the entire company operate quickly, confidently, and safely.
- You will help us build a great culture and a great company.
- You will help us participate in technical communities and build a strong security brand.
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results. We encourage you to learn more about how we think about culture at Patreon, to make sure we’re the right place for you.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
- Check out video testimonials, photos, and more on TheMuse
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.
Meet Some of Patreon's Employees
Valerie fosters a strong, diverse Engineering Team by mentoring individuals across technical teams and hiring new team members. She also oversees special projects, like overhauling leveling guidelines.
Back to top