Head of FP&A
Our mission is to fund the creative class. We believe that people who make great things should get paid for the value they give to the world. We strive to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it fast and easy to run a profitable business as a professional creator.
We strive for greatness and cherish a growth mindset. We are building a team that is both performance-oriented and compassionate. We value curiosity, learning, and feedback. We expect excellence from ourselves and each other.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Diverse perspectives will help us serve a diverse community of creators and patrons. We believe that a diverse and inclusive team will accomplish our mission more effectively. Read about it here.
What you will do:
- Build and lead the team that executes Patreon’s Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A)
- Manage Patreon’s financial planning: Partner with teams across Patreon to evaluate opportunities, forecast the financial impacts of our investments, develop and refine business plans for individual business units, and compile and communicate a comprehensive financial plan
- Play a leading role in Patreon’s fundraising decisions and execution; oversee the fundraising process and ensure that Patreon achieves its fundraising objectives
- Collaborate with our VP of Business Development and Partnerships on the financial aspects of mergers, acquisitions, and partnerships
- Support Patreon’s efforts to help creators understand and optimize their businesses, such as item pricing models and information about recurring revenue businesses
- Work with outstanding teammates from all walks of life
- Support Patreon in its mission of funding the creative class
What skills and qualities we seek:
- You strive for greatness. Your curiosity is limitless. You have a growth mindset and an intense desire to learn and explore. You’re eager to foster learning and growth for others in addition to yourself. You’re an expert at giving and receiving feedback.
- You have excellent strategic planning and financial modeling skills. You know how to evaluate business opportunities and model their contribution to a business’s financial performance.
- You have outstanding analytical thinking -- you ask incisive questions that uncover the heart of an issue. You frame data so that it effectively conveys the right takeaways. You have outstanding attention to detail.
- You’re prepared to build and lead a team that contributes to a culture of high performance and unusual compassion.
- You have excellent communication skills. You develop cogent arguments based on incisive analysis. You compile those arguments in resources that align our team around top priorities.
- You deeply understand financial planning for a global business. You know how to build a team that handles the financial elements of multinational planning and operations.
- You’re equipped with the knowledge and curiosity to anticipate Patreon’s finance and strategy challenges as we grow.
- As a rough guideline, you have at least 10 years of relevant professional experience.
Whom you’ll work with:
- This role reports to the VP of Finance, who reports to the CEO.
- The FP&A function will partner closely with Patreon's accounting function to build visibility into Patreon's financials.
- The FP&A function will partner with leaders across the business to help Patreon prioritize its investments and track progress.
We aim to build an FP&A function that sets an industry-leading example for excellence. If you’re eager to address this challenge and would like to join our team in San Francisco, please apply below.
Meet Some of Patreon's Employees
Valerie fosters a strong, diverse Engineering Team by mentoring individuals across technical teams and hiring new team members. She also oversees special projects, like overhauling leveling guidelines.
Back to top