Head of EU Marketing
- Berlin, Germany
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform. Additionally, a sizable and growing portion of our revenue comes from Europe. To expand our reach there, we need to onboard creator ambassadors; create, proliferate and promote their content; identify partnerships; then double-down on what works and expand to additional regions.
In order to support this level of international growth, Patreon is looking for a Head of EU Marketing to develop and execute our strategy for increasing awareness and attracting new European creators and patrons to the platform.
What you’ll do
The successful candidate will
- Own Marketing’s contribution to top-of-funnel success indicators (impressions, traffic, MQLs and signups) and Marketing’s impact on revenue from European creators’ pledge bases
- Coach and grow a team of generalists who stand up marketing for GSA, British-English-speaking countries, France, Spain and Italy
- Develop a repeatable process for standing up marketing in a region so we can accelerate marketing expansion in the next region
- Work with our Creative Partnerships Team to identify and onboard creator ambassadors
- Work directly with creators and creative agencies to create, proliferate and promote creator ambassador content
- In alignment with our head of strategic partnerships, identify and propose packages for partnerships in Europe with companies that will expand our reach
- In partnership with HQ PR leadership, manage regional PR agencies to deliver owned impressions that increase awareness and reinforce our brand promise. Represent Patreon in interviews with press.
- Work closely with paid media agencies to pilot campaigns that achieve awareness and traffic lift
- Work closely with HQ GTM and Marketing leaders to ensure brand consistency across digital and offline properties and experiences
- Create frameworks for localizing HQ content and communicating effectively across teams to accelerate replication and improvement upon HQ content franchises (eg filmed shows, event series and more)
- Partner with Product Marketing and communicate with HQ learnings from research on regional persona and campaign learnings
- Clearly and concisely communicate with executives our European marketing strategy, resourcing needs and blockers
- A strong connection to our company mission to fund the creative class
- 7-10 years experience in Marketing or Go-To-Market
- Fluency in English and German. Working language capabilities in French, Spanish and/or Italian a plus.
- Previous experience coaching a minimum of four direct, full-time reports
- Experience developing and nurturing remote teams
- Experience managing external creative, paid media and PR agencies
- MBA a plus (but we also love brilliant people who didn't go to business school)
- Ideally knowledge of, or experience in marketing technology subscription platforms
- Experience interacting with Executives and Go-To-Market Leadership
- An analytical mindset, coupled with a healthy love of spreadsheets
- Experience with B2C (or strong B2B2C) and subscription business models
- High energy and bias toward action -- with the execution skills to make it all count
How you’ll grow
- Your work will directly contribute to Patreon’s mission and bottom-line goals.
- You will have the opportunity to grow with the Marketing function at Patreon and take on new projects as the organization grows.
- You will build deep relationships across the organization.
- You will be asked to draw and summarize insights.
- You will get to interact with interesting and influential creators across a variety of creator categories.
You’ll love working here if
- You care about getting artists and creators paid
- You work best in a highly collaborative environment
- You’re metrics-driven in your decision-making
- You strive to improve existing processes
- You want to work with teammates who excel at their jobs and have artistic talents
- You are committed to challenging the status quo and make sure our culture at Patreon is among the most diverse and inclusive places to work
Who you'll work with
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
Back to top