Community Happiness Manager
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $150 million directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for someone to bring demonstrated experience to our team.
Our Community Happiness team is looking to hire an enthusiastic individual who is excited to support our growing team. This person should love solving problems and care deeply about customer support. We are looking for a customer support manager that has experience managing remote support teams.
Impact you will have:
- You will be responsible for recruiting, managing and developing a passionate team of Community Happiness agents. It’s up to you to ensure our creators and patrons receive phenomenal support from that team
- Determine support needs by conducting needs assessments, performance reviews, capacity planning, and cost/benefit analysis
- Build and develop strong relationships with core teams at Patreon to advise on product, engineering and data needs based on creator and patron experiences
- Troubleshoot and solve support tickets from patrons and creators in order to gain experience with our ticket demands and in the future, serve as the final point of escalation for difficult or sensitive inquiries
- Quickly learn the ins and outs of Patreon as a platform. There isn’t one thing about Patreon you don’t know already. Knowledge is power.
- Work with the Community Happiness to to improve existing patron and creator-facing resources
- Escalate issues to our P0 team or CH manager as applicable
Skills you possess:
- 2+ years of management experience
- Strong experience having hired and built out a remote support team
- A passion for Patreon’s mission to support creators
- Team player: you’re not a one-person team - instead you love working with a team to discuss, plan, and implement process improvements
- The ability to motivate and inspire a team by setting direction, integrity, and crafting team goals and KPIs
- A deep and genuine care for the customer support field and for making data-driven decisions to improve and accelerate team skills
- A strong writer and skilled at explaining technical problems succinctly
- Knowledge of ZenDesk and GoodData is a plus
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results. We encourage you to learn more about how we think about culture at Patreon, to make sure we’re the right place for you.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
- Check out video testimonials, photos, and more on TheMuse
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.
Meet Some of Patreon's Employees
Valerie fosters a strong, diverse Engineering Team by mentoring individuals across technical teams and hiring new team members. She also oversees special projects, like overhauling leveling guidelines.
Back to top