Application Security Engineer
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $150 million directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for an Application Security Engineer. Help keep Patreon's data, our employees, and our millions of users safe.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill that vision. We believe that hiring smart, ambitious people, and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results.
What you will do:
- Security design reviews, code auditing, security assessments on both internal and external software
- Build tools, processes, and training that help engineers eliminate bug classes
- Consult with and develop training for engineering to help them to develop secure software
- Identify, investigate, and help resolve security incidents
- Ensure 3rd party software and development meets our security standards
Skills and experience you possess:
- You have 3+ years of professional development or application security experience
- Deep understanding of various common bug classes in web applications and cloud infrastructure
- You have familiarity with Python, Flask, modern web applications, Amazon Web Services and common security problems in them
- You are a friendly mentor to others in the company and love helping people
- Able to prioritize your work within a fast-moving team.
- Proficiency in at least one modern coding language (Python, Go, etc.)
- Have expert hands-on experience working with one or more SAST, DAST and IAST tools.
- Ability to explain vulnerabilities and weaknesses, and discuss effective defensive techniques to non-experts
Projects you may work on:
- Help develop Patreon's Software Development Lifecycle including security training, design review, and incident response
- Setting up static analysis tools to find bugs as part of a CI build process
- Create a dynamic application security testing plan and execute it
- Coordinate with penetration testing firms to maximize our investments
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results. We encourage you to learn more about how we think about culture at Patreon, to make sure we’re the right place for you.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
- We are excited to share Patreon's revamped Engineering Leveling Guide. Check it out here.
- Check out video testimonials, photos, and more on TheMuse
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.
Back to top