Press Insights Analyst
- Los Angeles, CA
This role exists to establish Parrot Analytics as the primary TV analytics thought leader in the press. We will achieve this by providing deep and comprehensive insights to members of the press using Parrot Analytics' proprietary global TV demand, and TV content genome datasets.
By working with the Parrot Analytics marketing and press insights team, you will be able to draw on many different datasets, both first party and third party, including data that will reveal the success and growth of global TV studios, SVOD platforms, networks, distributors, TV genres, artists, showrunners and many more interesting industry data points all around the world as well as from specific regions and markets.
You will be responsible for leading the overall planning, research and delivery of insights that can be pitched to the press. You will refer to the key TV industry events of the year to guide your approach as well as using the hottest stories, both in Hollywood as well as overseas, as context to create value for members of the press. This role also includes the growth of our social media presence in support of our press outreach requirements.
- A proven track record of deriving insights from data using your research and data analytics background.
- A passion to uncover global TV trends and insights, to invigorate the industry with groundbreaking research, and to tell new global TV data stories that have never been told before.
- A deep understanding of how to create value for members of the press.
- A passionate commitment to producing press insights that tell a global data story about the exciting relationship between content producers and consumers.
- A desire to work with large global datasets that address questions of true significance to members of the press.
- Proactivity, a tendency to act autonomously and the ability to "get stuff done" even during times of high pressure.
- An absolute commitment to put team results first.
- A desire to help others flourish and be their best.
- An entrepreneurial and leadership mindset, where your work is your passion with no concept of "9 to 5".
- A desire to be an integral part of a fun, fast-paced start-up on a phenomenal global growth trajectory.
- Extraordinary ambition to improve every day and be the very best in what you do!
- 3-4 years research experience, preferably in television or entertainment.
- Experience with the press for preferably a data service/product is a strong plus.
- Existing press relationships with members of the Hollywood press and a proven track record of placing data stories with the Hollywood press is also a strong plus.
- A formal education in research.
- You are an astute communicator and presenter.
- Your command of the English language is absolutely top notch and you have a laser sharp eye for detail for both English syntax and grammar, as well as numerical detail.
What you will be experiencing
- A high-performing team of elite professionals who are excited about creating the future.
- A diverse group of colleagues who hail from every corner in the world joined by a common vision to better connect content creators with consumers .
- An unrelenting emphasis on a value-driven team, with an ever-increasing team average (ask us for our "ParrotPlay" guide!)
- Fast paced work environment that is focused on results.
- The opportunity to lead an initiative that is introducing a new paradigm to one of society's most impactful industries.
- Flexible work hours
- All the resources and support you need to succeed, learn and grow in your role.
- A lot of love for TV!
Back to top