- Los Angeles, CA
We love TV and movies. We believe in the magic of content, and its impact on people's lives.
Passionate about entertainment, data and technology? Join our growing team as we deliver the world's leading content demand analytics systems built on the world's largest audience behavior datasets to bring science to the art of content. Rapidly establishing as a global currency, our content demand system is helping to drive a new era of empirical measurement in the industry, as we aim to help our partners make smarter content decisions, every day.
Parrot Analytics is a content demand analytics company that empowers some of the largest media and entertainment companies, brands and agencies with the world's largest demand behavior data sets to understand global audience demand for television content. Utilizing the most advanced artificial intelligence platform in the industry, custom machine learning software and our own patents, we provide the measurement of content popularity regardless of the market or broadcast platform we surface insights to our partners both on our dedicated dashboard as well as through our growing partner insights team.
As an Insights Director, you'll work closely with existing local and international partners to ensure they are up to date on all of our capabilities and getting the most value out of their partnership with us. You will help to deliver partner request by leading the strategy on projects, and be the go to for thought leadership in the industry. You will provide direction for new products and work closely with the sales team on prospective partners' analysis. The ideal candidate is passionate about applying their data science and analytical expertise along with industry knowledge and has strong, clear communication skills.
- Drive deeper workflow integration and value of our content demand analytics capabilities within our partners by working with them to define key insights and then develop them using our global audience demand measurement system in a clear, concise manner.
- Work closely with all other teams to keep them informed of partner needs and feedback, bringing in other team members when necessary to deliver on partners' asks.
- Lead the analysis for prospective partners, demonstrating capabilities and highlighting the value of using demand data.
- Mentor and train junior members of the insights team.
- Discover new applications for demand data, especially for marketing.
- Focus on consistently pursuing the best in the world insight and data outputs.
What you will bring to the role:
- Strong analytical skills, including familiarity with common data science approaches and structured thinking to identify starting points and apply methodical data analysis
- A focus on being detail-oriented, highly organized, systematic and proactive
- Excellent time management and a capacity to perform under heavy workloads, tight deadlines and changing schedules
- A capacity to be a self-starter who can manage external relationships whether presenting a report or scoping out a meaningful insight project for a potential partner
- Effective communication of technical results both verbally and in writing to internal teams, clients and key industry stakeholders
- A capacity to work well with others in a high-energy, high-impact environment with significant freedom
- A passion for your work which allows you to have a flexible approach to working hours and dealing with team members in multiple time zones
- A positive attitude, with creativity and a passion for technology
- An absolute commitment to put team results first with a desire to help others flourish and be their best
- Excitement about being an integral part of a fun, fast-paced start-up on a phenomenal global growth trajectory
- Experience working in remote offices is a plus
- Truly in-depth knowledge of the TV industry
- 6+ years of research experience in a customer facing data science and/or analytics role providing vendor insights to the TV and entertainment industry
- 2+ years of marketing analytics experience, preferably at an agency
- Technical skills including data management, data extraction, cleaning, transformation and visualization using tools such as Java, SQL, R, Python, Dashboards (PowerBI, Tableau) etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and you are able to create client-ready PowerPoint presentations.
- A formal education in research or a BS in a quantitative field (e.g., Applied Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Physics)
- You are an astute communicator and presenter with a strong mastery of English.
- Extraordinary ambition to improve every day and be the very best in what you do in the world
Back to top