We love TV. We believe in the magic of content, and its impact on people's lives.
This role will help deliver Parrot's key value-driver - its catalog development and growth. Working closely with our Data Scientists, Engineering, Product and Partners, you will be a key person in the team tasked with ensuring our catalog of titles is always up to date, and growing with English and non-english titles. This is an important aspect of Parrot's product development, without which the Company will not be able to compete globally.
The first step for this role is seen as building an automated way of title identification, management, addition & on-boarding into our TV catalog of shows. This role should ensure that interchanges, mapping standards, and all associated product information is accurate and complete within the electronic catalog (e.g. TV titles and metadata). This could be done in collaboration with the engineering team. You will be known as our champion for growing our global catalog, month on month - until we get to full coverage of shows around the globe!
What you will bring to the role
- Knowledge of TV industry - someone that loves TV and stays in touch with the latest in the industry
- Experience with Python (or other) for data management and transformation
- High level of proficiency with Excel/Google sheets
- System testing
- Process oriented with keen attention to detail and a perfectionist attitude
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Preferred experience with Java
- An IT related qualification focussed on development or equivalent experience
- Technical skills including data management, data extraction, cleaning, transformation, and visualisation.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, including familiarity with common data science and engineering approaches.
- Strong ability to identify a starting point and then apply a methodical approach in a sea of data and opportunity.
- Familiarity with getting information from public sources: web-scraping/api's
- Proactivity and strong written communication skills.
- An entrepreneurial and leadership mindset, where your work is your passion with no concept of '9-5'
- A desire to be an integral part of a fun, fast-paced start-up on a phenomenal global growth trajectory
- Extraordinary ambition to improve every day and be the very best in what you do in the world!
What you will be experiencing in this role with us:
- A high-performing team of elite professionals who are excited about creating the future
- A diverse group of colleagues who hail from every corner in the world joined by a common vision to better connect content creators with consumers
- An unrelenting emphasis on a value-driven team, with an ever-increasing team average (ask us for our 'Parrot Play' guide!)
- Fast paced work environment that is focused on results
- The opportunity to lead an initiative that is introducing a new paradigm to one of society's most impactful industries
- Flexible work hours, catered lunch on Mondays, a stocked kitchen with coffee and tea
- All the resources and support you need to succeed, learn and grow in your role
- A lot of love for TV!
Learn more about why you should apply to join our world class team here: https://parrot-analytics.workable.com
Meet Some of Parrot Analytics's Employees
Wared spearheads growth from both a strategic and staffing perspective. His primary goal is connecting producers to consumers without the guesswork of outdated audience measurement solutions.
Back to top