Paperless Post is seeking a highly creative and analytical Social Media Specialist to help manage, grow and evolve our social media presence across channels including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and eventually YouTube and TikTok. This ideal candidate can build community while crafting stories around our brand that reinforce our position as the leader in tasteful invitations and successful events. We're looking for someone proactive and detail-oriented with a passion for digital storytelling and asset optimization.
This role will be responsible for executing our social media strategy while also thinking of ways to evolve our approach on each channel to reach new audiences, while strengthening our brand identity. The role will report to the Associate Director, Brand Marketing and Communications.
What you’ll do here:
- Own and execute scheduling and publishing across all organic social media channels
- Create and maintain a monthly social content calendar that reflects the marketing roadmap and ensures that we are sharing diverse and engaging content
- Implement content strategy across social media channels, which will include actively sourcing and creating digital assets (in coordination with the design team, as well as independently) for both social-only editorial series as well as broader brand marketing campaigns.
- Continue to evolve the social media strategy by ideating new series primarily on Instagram, and eventually on other channels
- Capture and create original video and/or photo content to use on social media channels
- Have your finger on the pulse of what is trending in the entertaining world, as well as on Instagram and TikTok
- Continue to grow a strong community by owning all correspondence and brand-related inquiries on Instagram and conduct active outreach in order to engage and curate a network that supports Paperless Post as the leader in the world of parties and entertaining (following, commenting and “liking”)
- Manage and grow influencer rolodex
- Assist with monthly social media reporting to illustrate the value of all organic social channels
- Partner with the Growth Marketing team to share insights on what is working on organic social channels and maximize synergy between paid and organic social.
- 3-5 years of experience in Social Media and/or digital asset creation
- Creative thinker with a finger on the pulse of what is trending on social media, as well as what is trending in the worlds of entertaining and design
- Attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities
- Experience working for a premium brand with strong visual and editorial sense, plus the ability to source imagery and develop on-brand storytelling campaign ideas
- Experience with Social Media reporting and ability to analyze content performance and adapt strategy from learnings
- Ambitious self-starter with strong ownership attitude and demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done
- Proficiency in social media management and scheduling tools required
- Experience in Photoshop, Figma or Canva
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with video editing
- Experience at a startup
- Editorial background or experience writing social media copy
A Little About the Team
Company-wide, we enjoy an amazing ecosystem of an even gender split and a balance of engineers and designers. Because Paperless Post isn't supported by ad revenue, we can focus our efforts on creating and improving on the ideal version of our platform, product, content, and partnerships for our users.
We are proud that Paperless Post has helped over 175 million people globally connect in the real world since our inception. Paperless Post exists to help all people celebrate all the moments that matter to them. We believe that having a team reflective of the diverse world around us empowers us to create a product that serves everyone. Women, people of color, trans/genderqueer individuals, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are especially encouraged to apply.
The compensation range for this role is $61 - 70k USD.
At Paperless Post, compensation is based on a number of factors, including geographic location, job-related skills, years of experience, and internal team banding. All full-time offer packages come with a base salary, equity component, and options for fully paid medical, dental, and vision benefits. The range posted here is based on the NYC market and may vary based on candidate location.